Saturday 10 September 2011

Salman first guest on Shah Rukh's show


preityzintashow.JPG

Shah Rukh Khan’s productions on TV have always had a lot to do with his professional rivals. One of his first productions for the newly launched Bollywood channel, UTV Stars, called Live My Life, was flagged off by Aamir Khan’s nephew, actor Imran Khan.
Now, his second show for the channel, called Up Close And Personal With PZ, a chat show hosted by SRK’s friend, actor-producer Preity Zinta, will be flagged of with Salman Khan. Salman had shot an episode earlier, as he was slated to leave for the USA for surgery. Aamir too, was to appear on the show, which will feature all of Preity’s industry friends — Saif Ali Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh himself.
However, industry sources have it that Aamir refused to appear on the show when he discovered that SRK’s Red Chilies Idiot Box is producing it. Following his refusal, the channel personnel decided to open the show this Saturday with the Salman episode because they felt it would set the tempo for the first season.
On the show, Salman and Preity conversed on myriad topics including work, their onscreen chemistry and their personal association through the years, bringing out sides of the guest that are relatively unknown to the audience. They even enacted a scene from an imaginary film called Pyaar Mein Band Bajega Halu Halu. They even posed for an imaginary poster of the movie.
The duo also did a dance number on the title track of the show that goes Wicked Masti On The Go... Preity even admitted that she has watched Salman’s Dabangg (2010), sitting in a cinema hall in a burqa.
“The guests on this show are my friends and colleagues. I don’t intend to create controversies to get eyeballs for my chat show because I don’t think every chat show needs to stir up gossip to become popular. I love each of my co-stars and they love me. After that, it doesn’t matter who kicks off the show,” says Preity, adding, “I’m happy with whatever I’ve shot so far. Each episode will be a revelation, I promise.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright 2009 Show Biz